Election Information

Voter Photo ID:  Check out the Bring It To The Ballot Website:  http://bringitwisconsin.com

Need to Register to Vote or Vote by Absentee: Check out the Wisconsin Voters Website: https//myvote.wi.gov  or  Contact Sue Douglas, Clerk @ 879-4012 or 876-6112. 

2018 Elections

  • February 20, 2017:  Spring Primary-  If Held
  • April 3, 2017: Spring Election
  • August 14, 2018:  Partisan Primary
  • November 6, 2018:  General Election




Who Can Vote?  Contact your Town Clerk, Sue Douglas at 879-4012 or 876-6112

  • You must be a U.S. Citizen.
  • You must be at least 18 years old on Election Day.
  • You have been a resident of the Town of Plymouth for 10 days prior to the election.  Proof of residence is required.
  • You have not lost your right to vote.  i.e.  a convicted felon

How Do I Register To Vote?

As of January 1, 2003, the Federal "Help American Vote Act of 2002" requires any person registering to vote to:  Supply their Wisconsin Dept. of Transportation issued Driver’s license or identification card number.  If the elector has NEVER been issued a Wisconsin driver’s license or I.D. Card, they may then provide the last four digits of their Social Security number/ or as is indicated on the form, if the elector has neither a driver’s license nor a social security number, the elector may provide other forms of ID as listed below. **The voter registration application cannot be processed by the clerk until the elector provides this information and answers the following questions:

  •      Are you a citizen of the United States of America?
  •      Will you be 18 years of age on or before Election Day?

You may make a written request to the town clerk and register by mail, providing a copy of your Wisconsin Driver’s License or Driver’s License I.D. Card or the last four digits of your Social Security Number if you have never been issued a driver’s license. The Voter Registration must be received by 5:00 p.m. in the Clerk’s office on the 20th day before the election. You must also provide proof of residence.

You may go in person to the Town Clerk’s office and register no later than 5:00 p.m. on the FRIDAY before the election providing the same identification as listed above and proof of residence or

You may register at the polling place on Election Day by providing your Wisconsin "Driver’s License" or "Driver’s License I.D. Card" number and acceptable proof of residence that shows that you have lived at your present location for at least 10 days preceding the election.

For the purpose of voter registration, the I.D. forms that you present must contain the following information to constitute acceptable proof of residence.

  • A current and complete name
  • A current and complete residential address, numbered street address and name of the municipality.  A P.O. Box is not acceptable.

The following forms of identification that constitute acceptable proof of residence must contain your complete name and current address.

  • A Wisconsin Driver’s License
  • A Wisconsin I.D. Card issued by the Div. Of Motor Vehicles
  • If you have never been issued a Wisconsin driver's license or WI I.D. Card or those items do not have your current address you may use one of the following:
    • A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year preceding the election
    • A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day.
    • A gas, electric or telephone service statement for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
    • A bank statement

When Can I Vote?   

Polls are open from 7 am  to 8 pm on election day. Bring a photo ID with you to the polling place.  Wisconsin requires a photo ID to vote.  The address on your ID doesn’t have to be current and the name on your ID doesn’t need to be an exact match for your name in the poll book. (So, Richards who go by Rich, Bobs who are also Roberts and Susans with IDs that say Sue can relax.) Of course, there are certain requirements.  Your ID should look like you, even if you’ve colored your hair, shaved your beard or lost some weight.

For more information check the website:  http://bringit.wisconsin.gov/ . If you wish to vote absentee check the website: https://myvote.wi.gov or contact your Town Clerk, Sue Douglas at 879-4012 or 876-6112.

How Do I Vote Absentee? 

Any qualified elector who is registered to vote may request an absentee ballot. (A qualified elector is a United States citizen, 18 years of age or older, who has resided in the district in which he or she intends to vote for at least 10 days.)

Wisconsin requires a photo ID to vote.

The request is made on the website:  https://myvote.wi.gov or to the town clerk in writing by using the Application For Absentee Ballot (EL-121),  by letter, by email, or by fax requesting an absentee ballot which provides substantially the same information required on the application form.

If the request is made by mail it must be in the office of the town clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding an election. A copy of your Photo ID must be included. (This is the last day a clerk can mail an absentee ballot to an elector.)  Please remember ballot must be returned by 8 p.m. on Election Day.

If the request is made in-person at the clerk's office-it can be made until 5:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding the election. Bring you Photo ID with you.

You can also vote in person absentee at your local clerk's office. Contact local Town Clerk to make arrangements to vote early.

Note:  No ballots may be taken from the clerk's office.

Where Do I Vote? 

Town of Plymouth residents vote at the Plymouth Town Hall located at 8219 High St. in unincorporated Hanover, WI.  Official address is listed as 8219 High St., Orfordville, WI 53576.

More Election Information can be found at:

Voting and Election Information

To check the status of your absentee ballot or check your voter history

Wisconsin Elections and Ethics Commissions (Formally Government Accountability Board)

The Wisconsin Elections Commission has all the forms available for download at their website. Below are links to some of the most requested forms.

EL-121 Absentee Ballot Request

EL-131 Voter Registration Application